Motherhood is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding, experiences a woman can have. Though it comes with its fair share of difficulties, there are ways to make the journey a little bit easier. In this blog post,
we’ll share 77 hacks every mom needs to know to make life just a little bit easier.From organizing your home to simplifying your beauty routine, these hacks will help you save time and energy so you can focus on what’s really important: your family.
1. Get your home organized with a command center.
A command center is a great way to get your household organized and keep everyone on track. You can use a bulletin board, corkboard, or even a whiteboard to create a place where everyone can see important information at a glance. Include a calendar, daily to-do lists, and any other information that everyone in the family needs to know.
2. Use shower caddies to organize your bathroom.
Shower caddies are a great way to keep your bathroom organized and tidy. Hang them in each person’s shower so everyone has easy access to their toiletries. You can also use them to store other items like towels and cleaning supplies.
3. Invest in a good laundry system.
A good laundry system can save you a lot of time and effort. Look for one that has separate compartments for each type of clothing so you can sort and wash them more efficiently. You may also want to consider investing in a clothesline or drying rack to save energy and money on your utility bills.
4. Create a meal plan.
Meal planning can help you save time and money, as well as reduce stress during the week. Decide what you’re going to make for each meal ahead of time and then create a grocery list accordingly. This will help you avoid last-minute trips to the store and impulse purchases that can blow your budget.
5. Simplify your beauty routine.
You don’t need a 10-step beauty routine to look and feel great. simplify your life by streamlining your products and cutting out any unnecessary steps.
Stick to the essentials like cleansing, moisturizing, and sunscreen, and you’ll still be able to achieve a flawless complexion.
6. Use a slow cooker.
A slow cooker can be a lifesaver on busy weeknights. Simply throw all of your ingredients into the pot in the morning and let it cook while you’re at work or running errands. When you come home, dinner will be ready and waiting for you.
7. Invest in a quality vacuum cleaner.
A good vacuum cleaner is a must-have for any mom. It will make cleaning your floors much easier and faster, so you can spend your time on other things. Look for one that has good suction power and is easy to maneuver around furniture.
8. Keep a stash of healthy snacks on hand.
When you’re running after kids all day, it’s easy to let your own hunger go by the wayside. To avoid this, always keep a stash of healthy snacks on hand, like nuts, fruits, and veggies.
This way, you’ll never have to go too long without eating and you’ll be less likely to indulge in unhealthy junk food.
9. Make your bed every morning.
It may seem like a small task, but making your bed every morning can make a big difference in how your day goes.
Not only will it help you start the day off on the right foot, but it will also give you a sense of accomplishment that can carry over into other areas of your life.
10. Put together a cleaning caddy.
A cleaning caddy is a great way to keep all of your cleaning supplies organized in one place.
This way, you don’t have to go hunting for them every time you need to clean something. Simply grab the caddy and everything you need will be right at your fingertips.
11. Utilize vertical space.
If you’re short on storage space, utilize vertical space to keep your home organized. This can be done by hanging shelves on the wall or using over-the-door organizers.
This way, you’ll be able to make use of every inch of your home and keep it looking neat and tidy.
12. Keep a laundry basket in each room.
If you have a laundry basket in each room, you’ll always know where your dirty clothes are and they’ll never end up on the floor again.
This will save you time and energy when it comes time to do a load of laundry, and it will also help to keep your home more organized overall.
13. Do one load of laundry per day.
Doing one load of laundry per day may seem like a lot, but it’s actually much easier than doing multiple loads all at once.
Not only will this save you time, but it will also help to reduce the wear and tear on your clothing.
14. Invest in a good set of sheets.
A good set of sheets can make a world of difference in how comfortable you are at night.
They can also help to extend the life of your mattress by protecting it from dirt and dust. When shopping for sheets, look for ones that are made from high-quality materials like cotton or bamboo.
15. Make your kids clean up their own messes.
Teaching your kids to clean up after themselves is an important life skill that will benefit them in the long run.
Not only will it save you time and energy, but it will also help to instill a sense of responsibility in them.
16. Use air fresheners sparingly.
Air fresheners can be great for masking bad smells, but they can also be harmful to your health if used excessively.
When using air fresheners, be sure to follow the directions on the label and only use them in well-ventilated areas.
17. Keep a trash can in each room.
If you have a trash can in each room, you’ll never have to worry about where to put your garbage again.
This will also help to keep your home cleaner overall as there will be less garbage lying around.
18. Dust and vacuum regularly.
Dust and vacuum your home on a regular basis to keep it clean and dust-free. This will also help to prolong the life of your furniture and flooring.
19. Don’t let your kids use your furniture as a climbing frame.
While it may be tempting to let your kids use your furniture as a climbing frame, it’s not good for the furniture or for their safety.
If you want them to be able to climb, get them a climbing frame that is specifically designed for this purpose.
20. Keep dangerous chemicals out of reach.
If you have any dangerous chemicals in your home, make sure they are kept out of reach of children and pets.
This includes things like cleaning products, insecticides, and other harmful substances.
21. Have a place for everything.
One of the keys to keeping your home organized is to have a place for everything. This way, you’ll always know where things are and you won’t have to go searching for them every time you need them.
Hacks for the home
1. Use a Lazy Susan in the fridge – this will help you see and reach everything more easily, without having to move things around constantly.
2. Keep a grocery list on your fridge – this way, you can quickly jot down items you need as you think of them, and everyone in the family can add to it when they see something running low.
3.Use clear plastic storage bins – these are great for organizing everything from toys to clothes to craft supplies. You can label them so you always know where everything is, and they’re easy to stack or carry from one room to another.
4. Designate a “junk drawer” – we all have them, so why not make peace with it and give it a name? This way, when things start getting cluttered, you can just toss them in the junk drawer instead of letting the whole house get messy.
5. Use hooks – they’re great for hanging coats, bags, umbrellas, and more. You can even use them to organize jewelry or other small items.
6. Get a dish rack – this will save you time and energy when doing dishes, as you won’t have to hunt for a place to put everything. Plus, it’ll help your dishes dry faster so you can put them away sooner.
7. Invest in a good vacuum cleaner – this is a must-have for any home with carpeting or rugs. A good vacuum will save you time and energy by making it easier to clean your floors.
8. Use a lint roller – this is a great way to quickly remove pet hair, lint, and other debris from clothing, furniture, and more.
9. Keep a dustpan and brush handy – this will make it easy to sweep up small messes without having to break out the vacuum cleaner.
10. Keep all your cleaning supplies in one place – this will make it easier to find what you need when you need it, and it’ll also help you avoid using toxic chemicals around your home.
Hacks for your beauty routine:
1. Invest in a good pair of tweezers – this will save you time and energy when removing unwanted facial hair.
2. Use a lip balm with SPF – this will protect your lips from the sun and keep them hydrated at the same time.
3. Keep your makeup brushes clean – this will help your makeup go on smoothly and evenly, and it’ll also prevent breakouts.
4. Use a primer before applying foundation – this will help your foundation last longer and give you a smoother finish.
5. Set your makeup with setting powder – this will help to keep your makeup in place all day long, even in hot or humid weather.
6. Use coconut oil as a natural moisturizer – this will not only keep your skin hydrated, but it’ll also help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
7. Use Vaseline as a cuticle cream – this will help to keep your nails healthy and prevent Hangnails.
8. Exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush – this will help to remove dead skin cells and give you softer, smoother lips.
9. Use coffee grounds as a natural exfoliant – this will help to improve circulation and give your skin a healthy glow.
10. Make your own DIY face masks – this is a great way to save money and get the exact ingredients you want in your mask.
Hacks for meal time
1. Meal prep – This will save you time and money by helping you to cook ahead of time.
2. Use a slow cooker – This is a great way to make healthy meals with minimal effort.
3. Invest in a good knife – This will make it easier to prepare food and can help prevent injuries.
4. Use a cutting board – This will protect your countertops and make it easier to clean up after cooking.
5. Grate cheese in advance – This will save you time and effort when cooking or preparing snacks.
6. Peel vegetables before cooking – This will save you time and energy when making soups or other dishes that require peeled veggies.
7. Cut fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces – This will help them cook faster and make them easier to eat.
8. Use a non-stick pan – This will prevent food from sticking to your pan and making a mess.
9. Preheat your oven – This will help your food cook evenly and prevent it from burning.
10. Let food cool before refrigerating – This will help to preserve the nutrients in your food.
Hacks for when you’re on the go
1. Pack snacks and drinks – This will help to keep you from getting hungry or thirsty while you’re out and about.
2. Dress in layers – This will help you to be comfortable no matter what the weather is like.
3. Wear comfortable shoes – This will help you to walk or stand for long periods of time without getting sore feet.
4. Bring a map – This will help you to find your way if you get lost.
5. Bring a charged phone – This will help you to stay connected in case of an emergency.
6. Bring cash – This will come in handy if you need to take a taxi or make a purchase at a store that doesn’t accept credit cards.
Hacks for self-care
1. Get enough sleep – This will help your body to heal and repair itself.
2. Exercise regularly – This will help to improve your overall health and well-being.
3. Take a multivitamin – This will help to fill in any gaps in your diet and make sure you’re getting all the nutrients you need.
4. Drink plenty of water – This will help to keep your body hydrated and flush out toxins.
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables – This will help to boost your immune system and give you more energy.
6. Avoid stress – This will help to prevent the negative effects of stress on your mind and body.
7. Practice relaxation techniques – This will help you to find ways to calm and focus your mind.
8. Get a massage – This will help to relieve muscle tension and promote relaxation.
9. Take a warm bath – This will help to relax your muscles and ease stress.
10. Spend time in nature – This will help you to connect with the world around you and find peace of mind.
Hacks for kids
1. Set up a daily routine – This will help your kids to know what to expect each day and make it easier for them to stay on track.
2. Create a designated play area – This will help to keep your kids from making a mess of the entire house.
3. Put away toys when not in use – This will help to keep your kids from getting overwhelmed by their belongings.
4. Encourage outdoor play – This will help your kids to get fresh air and exercise.
5.limit screen time – This will help your kids to focus on other activities and avoid becoming addicted to screens.
6. Promote healthy eating habits – This will help your kids to develop a lifelong love of healthy.
7. Encourage physical activity – This will help your kids to stay active and avoid obesity.
8. Teach your kids about stranger danger – This will help them to be aware of potential dangers and how to avoid them.
9. Have a family emergency plan – This will help your kids to know what to do in case of an emergency.
10. Regularly check in with your kids – This will help you to stay connected with them and ensure their safety.
To wrap things up
These are 77 hacks every mom needs to know to make life easier.
From prepping and cooking hacks to hacks for when you’re on the go, to self-care hacks and even kids hacks, these tips will help you to make your life as a mom a whole lot easier. So put them into practice and see how much easier your life can be!
Leave a Reply